Facebook explains how their search function works – What is new?
News you want to use week 48.
Facebook has put together a short explainer video with details about how its search results work. The company says it wants to be more transparent about what’s happening when users search for content on Facebook. Facebook crammed as much information as it could into its less than 2-minute video. Here’s what was revealed.
Facebook activity that influences search results includes:
- What your friends share with you
- Pages you follow
- Groups you’ve joined
- Events you’ve liked or followed
- Things you’ve interacted with in your News Feed
- Information you’ve listed on your profile
- Places where you’ve been tagged
- Previous searches you’ve done