WhatsApp celebrate 10 years – What is new?
News you want to use week 10.
WhatsApp celebrated its 10-year anniversary Sunday, and the Facebook-owned messaging application looked back at some of the key moments in its history. Some of the highlights include:
- Feb. 24, 2009: WhatsApp is formed, and its app debuts for iOS and Android
- April 2014: WhatsApp tops the 500 million user mark.
- October 2014: Facebook officially acquires WhatsApp in a $19 billion deal.
- February 2017: Status, WhatsApp’s answer to Stories, is revealed.
- January 2018: WhatsApp exceeds 1.5 billion monthly users and introduces WhatsApp Business.
- October 2018: WhatsApp debuts stickers.