» Do you want to know more about us? Then, book an online meeting here!
Facebook's new algorithm
Last couple of weeks we have been reading a lot of reports and analysis regarding the change in algorithm. Nothing is yet confirmed but don’t be surprised if the changes will start to have a broader effect around mid February.
Below are a few suggestions in order to align brands future strategies with the shifting Facebook strategy. None of the below are facts but will hopefully provide some insights for future conversations around your presence on Facebook.
- Be brave and decrease your frequency of posts from your Facebook Page. Less is more here. Quality content is key.
- Focus on finding a way that allows you to figure out how to create content that will get people talking to each other – not just interacting with the posting Facebook page.
- Work on a live video game plan. Facebook executive Adam Mosseri recently said, “live videos often lead to discussion among viewers on Facebook–in fact, live videos on average get six times as many interactions as regular videos.” Given this statement can we assume that Live video will get more attention in the feed.
- Become a pro with Facebook ads: Organic reach will most likely decrease as a result of the updated Newsfeed, hence advertising will play a bigger role. Facebook ads will be one of the only reliable ways brands will be able to drive traffic off Facebook to their site or landing page.
- Test Messenger Chatbots: Since the conversation between users and Facebook pages will slow down is it a good idea to look for alternatives. Moving conversations into Messenger and using bots will be a huge trend that will allow brands to nurture leads and sell.
- Quality provides relevance: Assuming that brands will publish fewer post going forward will the quality of the posted content increase in importance. Facebooks Relevance Score-function will provide an advantage for brands that post high quality content in the feed.